Friday, May 2, 2008

waking up late...

waking up late to the realization that you are late for bedside tutorial is no joke. Furthermore, having only 4 hours sleep the night before only makes matters worst. But most importantly, I skipped my breakfast today, brisk walked to the hospital and rushed up 4 flights of stairs....so i found my group and we shortly went to see a patient.

it was diabetic patient and as we went on, we came to the issue of neuropathy and how proprioception and vibration sensations are affected first before temp/fine touch discrimination.

and at that instant, somehow, my leg went numb, like it freaking disappeared, I couldn't bear my own body weight, and collapsed to the ground. I didn't faint, I just fell. Freaking hypoglycaemic event, compounded by some dehydration overnight.

The importance of breakfast I assure you, cannot be stressed more.

No comments: