Friday, September 14, 2007

overworked, overloaded, over my head......

the last 3 weeks has been an exceptionally busy time for me...after my rural placement, it was just a mad rush to finish assignments. rural was quite a good experience this year, because I felt i actually spent time leaning important things, and being in Bendigo made things alot easier from a rural context. nice big town with everything you need, and very interesting architecture too. but i shall not dwell into that, as I can't be bothered typing out the events that took place. but I must let everyone who reads this blog that, Nman aka. Derrick is the man, the fucka cock blocked me in recent events that took place in Bendigo.

anyway, the last week after rural has been crazy, spending 3 day in the library from morning till closing time.writing a stupid assignment that only makes up 5% of my total marks for 2nd year. on top of this rural fortnight has also thrown at me another 2 assignments. more and more reflective essays. fuck!!!!!!! tuesday night I actually did not get any sleep, was up till 630am wed morning to go thru the fucking SPC assignment, and in the end having to skip the morning lectures, so that i could get in a few hours of rest before heading to the library for another day of revision to the essay.

I am having many issues with the way monash handles its curriculum and the kind of tutors they engage, firstly some of the tutors aren't even doctors who can't even give us proper clinical information during PCLs, and other clinical skills tutors who use 2 hours to teach us the theory of physical examination when we are meant to practise it. something is seriously wrong here. Last year, I had excellent tutors who alwasy shared with us their own experiences in practise, while this year its just been a pain to be at tutorials. How is reading out what reaserch you have done to a class going ot heplt he learning process, when everyone has already read it before?? it neither stimulates thinking nor draws further interest to the subject?? fuck this.....

oh well im really glad that one assignment is sorta out of the way but the many many more ahead is just fucking annoying me. good thing I attended the Richo ball last night, good times I must say. and if it is one thing i learned on an alcohol induce event, less thinking = more action = more fun = good times. This i shall practise at similar events in the future.




No comments: