Friday, March 16, 2007

I need a STIFF SHAFT!!!!

school ended early today, and by early i mean 3pm. Thank goodness for long daylight hours in summer here in Melbourne. To capitalize on that, I headed down to the Glen Waverly Public Golf Course, for a short 9-hole game.

didn't play well today.had a few pretty good drives going between 220-240m, so thats alright for now, but the short game was terrible.Having said that, the greens today were horrible, wet and mushy from the slight drizzle, and overnight rain. Can't understand why my irons havent been performing as of late, slicing the ball even more than when I use my driver.

which brings me to the main point of this blog. The R-flex shaft on my Callaway Big Bertha isnt doing my golf game any justice.I've got a pretty fast swing, and with that the shaft tends to WARP qutie a bit, and the club head does not come into contact with the ball accurately most of the time. To alleviate this, I've been having to down-hold on the grip, shortening it slightly, to minimise the warping. With this, obviously comes the downside of lesser distance given for greater accuracy.

a stiff-flex shaft with a stiff tip would do my swing more justice, and it SURELY will improve my game drastically. something below...would be sweeeet.....



No comments: