Wednesday, March 14, 2007

a little bit of spontaneity makes a good day.....

did a few spontaneous things today. firstly, decided to skip the morning classes adn headed down to Monash Medical Centre, and sneak in on a procedure. The idea of observing an angioplasty was really cool, howevery to my dismay, all i got to observe were 3 angiograms on 3 different old guys. This was a morning well spent nonetheless, being the first time seeing how an angiogram was carried out.

MMC looked quite good contrary to popular belief. The 'oohs' and the 'ahs' reverberate non-stop at the mention of The Alfred, but nothing much about the MMC. I would not mind going to MMC for an entire year, when i start my clinical rotations in 3rd year.

I have this Lebonese woman for a clinical skills tutor, who uses this paternalistic approach to teach students. I bet this is the exact same way she interacts with her patients. Being so rigid with the simplest of procedures and at the same time, being out of date with stethoscope technology. IF SINGLES-SIDED Stethoscopes weren't designed for a cardio-vascular exam, WHY WOULD LITTMAN'S TOP OF THE LINE CARDIO STETHOSCOPE BE SINGLE SIDED!!!!! woman, you are a GP and for goodness sakes don't embarass your self, you are a medical doctor none the less. This is the second time you haven't give me the correct answer to a question, which answer I already know.

3rd STIKE ..and YOU ARE OUUUUUUUUTTTTTT!

Another spontaneous decision today....decided to go down to the driving range to practise my swing. Was hitting better today, though not as good as I would like myself to be. Going to go for another golf game tomorrow, hopefully it all turns out well.

Pretty glad the weekend is here again, school work is piling up and there is so much to catch up on. Just being in the Cath-Lab today, and not having any questions to ask the consultants pretty much shows how much I have yet to cover.

1 comment:

Jeffrey said...

walau got lobang go mmc see surgery bo jio!