Wednesday, April 18, 2007

1 Exam down, 3 more to GO.

the first mid semester was finally over yesterday. I would say i was fairly consistent over the past 7 weeks, but somehow, when it came down to the crunch, which for me would be 1 week before the actual exam, the number of pages, number of pictures and volume of text, seem to somehow grow by unimaginable proportions and the helpless medical student, in this instant myself, is left to fend for himself, with TIME as his indomitable enemy, and his laptop and caffeine shots as the only weapons to wield.

I cannot believe teh amount of work we medical students have to cover.back in Alevels, it was a narrow scope with a somewhat fair level of detail to cover, right now, its a scope that stretches beyod the horizons, and a depth of detail required that goes beyond conceivable proportions. this was only 7 weeks worth of work, at the end of the year, I would have 54 weeks worth of study material to cover, and not to mention, the totally hectic, but totally irrelevant project assignments that we have. but now that the first hurdle is over, I shall take a few days off, that is, perhaps reduce my amount of study to 40%, and from week 8 onwards, its back to the books. I need a plan, a RIGHT now plan. Long term plans and desires of fast cars, big bucks, and beautiful women can take a back seat, becoz the RIGHT NOW plan will be in action.

1. Do pre-reading for all lectures.
2. Do self directed learning prior to all Anatomy/Clinical Skills tutorials.
3. Weekends - Revision or more detailed research for personal understanding.

That would be the plan I hope would make me more prepared and more confident for the next exam.

On the brighter side of things, I cut up a man's face today. I broke his jaw, and picked away at the tissues, until they were clean, leaving behind only what I was required to see. My right now plan will make me a surgeon. That is the only way.

No comments: