Tuesday, May 1, 2007

fuck you monash city council...

headed down to MMC today for my 'Buddy Visit'. I chose MMC for the visit this time around, as I already have been to the Alfred before. Contrary to popular belief, it really isn't a bad hospital to do clinicals next year. The final year student, Chole was really helpful, way better than the final student I had last year. I ahte seeing final year students though. everytime I see one, i am reminded of the many years I have left till the beginning of the end. well, it never really ends in medicine now does it?

Was very fortunate to meet Max today. Perhaps the most enthusiastic patient I have ever met so far. Never would I expect a recovering patient from a 3ple bypass would be so keen on letting medical students like myself, who are clueless about anything, take his history or perform a physical examination. 78 years of age and still full of energy. a stark contrast from the other patients in his ward, who weren't as 'frenly' so to speak. But we can't really blame them, the last thign any recovering patient would really really want, is a bunch of medical students coming in and using them as tst subjects. Anyways, to Max, I wish you a speedy recovery, and I shall always remember what you told us. " As long as YOU learn something, I don't mind you doing whatever you want with me." " You have to be the best at what you do, because its you guys who will be looking after patients like me in the future". your words, I will take with me wherever I go, whenever I look at any patient. Thank you so much Max.

on a more messed up note, I received a damn fine for parking my car over the duration alloted. and now i have to pay 54 bucks to the damn city council. fuck this.money hungry SOBs. don't understand why anyone would put parking restrictions on a road that is perhaps 2.5 lanes wide. better luck next time I guess.

No comments: